Take a break from the news cycle and help us celebrate the things we covered this week that are making Vancouver Awesome with a capital “A.”
May 4 – 10, 2019
1. Why The Mackenzie Room is the best Vancouver restaurant you’ve never heard of.
2. See inside the Lower Mainland’s first capsule hotel.
3. 30,000 salmon released one pail at a time in annual ritual.
4. B.C. breweries bring home 50 medals from 2019 Canadian Brewing Awards.
5. This FREE Metro Vancouver concert series takes place by the beach this summer.
6. Playland is unveiling a massive 43 ft. tall ride ride for opening weekend.
7. Discover incredible vintage gems at the massive Bizarre Bazaar this month.
8. New B.C. music program wants more women, non-binary producers in the mix.
9. This massive waterfront Canada Day celebration features live music, food, and fireworks.
10. Where to find the most awesome Mother’s Day feasts and treats in Vancouver.
11. Here’s your chance to watch stupid internet cat videos in public.
12. The complete history of Carlos ‘n’ Bud’s, a 90s Vancouver institution.
13. This B.C. suspension bridge soars a jaw-dropping 2,000 feet high in the mountains.
14. Kids can eat for FREE at this Canadian food-focused Vancouver restaurant.
15. Man thanks paramedic who saved his life on Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside a year ago.
16. These epic roller skate parties will take place in Robson Square rink this summer.
17. Watch this incredible 24-hour film synched with real time when it screens this summer in Metro Vancouver.
18. Koi welcomed back to Vancouver Chinese garden.
19. You can tour this breathtaking massive tall ship for free.
20. This massive FREE outdoor disco series takes place in Vancouver this summer.
21. B.C. broke a whopping 15 weather records yesterday and reached highs of 29°C.
22. Where to get this insane $99 Caesar in Vancouver for one day only.
23. 15 Vancouver florists you’ll want to follow on Instagram.
24. KPU named top brewing school in North America.
25. Get your float on: This epic B.C. lazy river offers nearly 3 hours of summer fun.
26. These extraordinary paper gowns were handmade by Vancouver students.
27. B.C. adds 5,900 jobs in April as country posts highest gains in 43 years.
28. B.C. webcam offers rare look at one of Canada’s most endangered birds.
29. This all-day breakfast spot is finally opening their first Vancouver location.
30. Here are 6 really dumb t-shirts we decided not to release.