White Rock’s popular summer concert series returns with a new name – the TD Concerts FOR the pier – to help raise funds to rebuild the city’s beloved pier.
The White Rock pier was ripped in half in December 2018 during a violent storm. Now, organizers hope that the event will inspire the community to help rebuild the cherished landmark.
The concert series commences in July, and, although all events are all free to attend, there will be opportunities to donate to support the pier restoration efforts. Featured artists include the legendary Canadian rock band, The Crash Test Dummies, as well as Prism, Eagle Eyes, kalimba and more.
“With so much going on from June through September, White Rock is the summer hotspot. The TD Concerts FOR the Pier promises to be the highlight of an amazing season of festivals and events,” says Alex Nixon, White Rock BIA Executive Director.
“We can’t wait for summer to arrive!”
- Prism with Stonebolt Revisited, July 4 at Memorial Park (West Beach) at 7 p.m., presented by Edward Jones Investment Advisors of White Rock-South Surrey
- Kalimba, July 13 at 5 Corners at 8 p.m., presented by Oceana PARC
- Eagle Eyes with The Fab Fourever, July 18 at Totem Park (East Beach) at 7 p.m., presented by Re/Max Colonial Pacific Realty
- Jim Byrnes with Babe Gurr, July 25 at Memorial Park (West Beach) at 7 p.m.
- Dr. Strangelove with Duelling Pianos, August 8 at 5 Corners at 7 p.m.
- The Crash Test Dummies, closes out the series with Fionn, August 15 at Totem Park (East Beach) at 7 p.m., presented by Foster Martin-Landmark.
When: July 4 – August 15
Where: White Rock (Various locations)
The post This FREE Metro Vancouver concert series takes place by the beach this summer appeared first on Vancouver Is Awesome.